Kokua Giving Program
Grant Application Guidelines and Form
The Alexander & Baldwin Kokua Giving program is a charitable contributions program funded annually based on the profitable business activity of Alexander & Baldwin, Inc. and its operating companies.
The A&B Kokua Giving program’s objective is to improve the quality of life in communities where A&B companies operate and where our employees reside, primarily in Hawaii.
Within these areas, our priorities are to support organizations and projects that
- address significant and/or high priority community needs;
- have a nexus to A&B’s business activities and/or employees; and
- have the proven support of the community.
The A&B Kokua Giving program is focused on Hawaii charities and works to support its communities through broad-based giving including, but not limited to, the following categories: health & human services, education, community, culture and the arts. A&B will consider support for startup, general operating and special project needs as well as major and minor capital requests. Please note:
- Generally only one application will be considered each calendar year from an organization.
- Donations will not be made to benefit individuals, or for religious or political causes.
- Multi-year commitments are provided in very limited circumstances.
- Endowments are generally not funded.
Grant decisions are made at bi-monthly meetings held in the odd-numbered months of the year. Please submit your application at least 60 days prior to your event or project deadline. Completed applications received by close of business on the due date noted below (or the following business day if the deadline falls on a weekend or holiday) will generally be considered on the following month’s agenda (see chart below). Large requests ($20,000 or greater) are considered just twice a year, in March and September.
Meeting Month/Application Due Date
* Large requests, $20,000 or greater
If an organization wishes to receive confirmation that a request has been received, please indicate so on the application form and provide an email address.
Decisions on donation requests will be communicated in writing, generally by the end of each meeting month.
Funds, if awarded, will be transmitted by A&B within a few weeks of the notification of award.
Please email any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (808) 525-6643.