Employee Benefits & Perks
At A&B, our people matter. In addition to base compensation, we offer a comprehensive rewards package to support employees’ present and future needs, including:
- Medical, dental, drug, and vision insurance, including company-paid premiums for employees and their dependents.
- Flexible Spending Reimbursement accounts for health care, dependent care and parking, and discounted bus passes.
- Additional insurance coverage, such as long-term disability, long-term care, group life, accidental death & dismemberment, and business travel accident insurance.
- Generous paid time off including vacation, sick leave, and holidays (including an annual birthday holiday and community service day).
- Retirement benefits including a 401(k) plan with discretionary matching company contributions.
- Opportunities for employees to share in the company’s success via gain sharing contribution with investment options to include A&B stock.
Benefits may vary depending on which of our businesses you join, whether you are a full-time employee, and whether you are a salaried non-bargaining employee.
We want our employees to live well. Olakino (state of health and well-being), our comprehensive health and wellness program, provides resources for employees on life, health, family, and work matters. In addition, we offer health and wellness benefits such as:
- Confidential counseling services and support through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Sponsored weekly lunchtime yoga.
- Sponsored fun walks.
- Wellness learning sessions and company challenges.
- Discounts on employee and adult dependent medical premiums resulting from qualified participation in Olakino.
We are committed to our employees’ continued growth through personal and professional development. Support for employees and their families includes:
- Professional development activities, including management and leadership training.
- Financial assistance for professional development opportunities such as qualified workshops, conferences, forums, and classes.
- Tuition reimbursement of up to $40,000 for employees wishing to obtain a qualified Associate level degree or higher.
- College scholarship awards for dependent children.
- Access to self-paced, self-directed virtual learning on a variety of skillsets and competencies.
- Fun and engaging learning sessions.
As Partners for Hawaii, we are proud to encourage and stand behind our employees’ community involvement through:
- Matching of employee contributions to qualified Hawaii 501(c)(3) nonprofits or 501(c)(3) educational institutions up to a total of $2,000.
- Cash contributions to organizations for which employees donate 25+ hours of time.
- Corporate sponsorships of charities supported by our employees.
- Paid time off for participation in community service activities of the employee’s choice.
We use a variety of methods to regularly engage with and stay connected to our employees, such as:
- Town Halls, company newsletters, blog posts, and ongoing email updates of noteworthy events.
- Employee surveys to better understand employee perspectives on work experience, work environment, and the direction and leadership of the Company. Survey results have led to increased recognition programs and updates to the company-wide vision, mission, and values statements.
Additional perks include:
- Casual dress every day.
- Length of Service and Retirement awards.
- A formal recognition platform to give and receive recognition amongst peers (and earn tangible rewards!).
- Employee-led resource groups that provide forums for sharing, learning, collaborating, and participating in community service and developmental opportunities. These initiatives include A&B Pride, Women’s Leadership, A&B Green Team, Partners for Equality, our employee Activities Committee, and more.
- Company events for employees such as after-work celebrations, birthday lunches, volunteer events, family outings and holiday parties.