Alexander & Baldwin is pleased to announce that Lau Hala Shops, the newest community-focused gathering place in Kailua Town, has reached full occupancy with the opening of its latest tenant, Uproll Café.
Known for its innovative take on sushi burritos and pick-your-protein customizable bowls, Up Roll Café opened its doors for customers on Friday, Nov. 15. The company also serves customers at its locations in Kakaako and Pearl Highlands Center.
Lau Hala Shops, a 46,000 square-foot retail center, opened in late 2018 with three initial tenants: UFC Gym, Maui Brewing Company and Chef Roy Yamaguchi’s Goen Dining + Bar. They have since been joined by an appealing mix of local and retailers that complement and support the healthy, active lifestyles of Kailua residents, including:
- Down to Earth: Retailer of organic & natural foods since 1977; www.downtoearth.org
- D’Vine Kailua Wine Bar: Wine room with self-serve wine tasting, including Old World and New World wines of the month; www.dvinekailua.com
- Kailua Xchng: A new concept in trendy, handmade clothing using unique textiles, prints and designs.
- Crazy Shirts: Distinctive t-shirt designs that reflect the exuberant Island lifestyle; www.crazyshirts.com
- Waxing the City: Facial and body waxing studio; www.waxingthecity.com
Lau Hala Shops reflects A&B’s commitment to sustainability. An adaptive reuse of the former Macy’s building, it includes features such as:
- Energy-efficient lighting and HVAC systems;
- Electric vehicle charging stations; “Big Belly” solar-powered trash compacting bins;
- Sustainable public art crafted by local Kailua artist using plastic waste collected during an A&B-sponsored beach clean-up event in Kailua;
- Environmentally-friendly landscaping with 18 types of indigenous and endemic native Hawaiian plants.